She'll be riding six white horses when she comes!

My daughter is sitting on the floor playing with a musical toy. She's rocking back and forth singing, "When she comes, when she comes, when she coooooomes!" I can't think of anything else, so that'll work...

Name:
Location: Mesquite, Texas, United States

As an employee for Frito Lay, I deliver chips to grocery stores, merchandise the product, and control the inventory. I put in way too many hours a day because I pay too much attention to the nit-picky little details. And I'm slow. But I get to drive a 24 foot long straight truck, which requires not a CDL but a certification to drive it. It's fun. I wish all I had to do was drive!

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

General gripes....

Hello!
Well, today was a long day. At least it felt like it. I'm so irritated with this whole thing going on at work right now. The bosses tweaked all the routes, I had just gotten my route all cleaned up, figured out, when they did this. I lost one store and gained two more. So now I have to clean up those two stores and figure the whole thing out again. Now I'm servicing four stores, I don't hardly have time to do anything at one store before I need to be getting to the next. My last stop used to be made at 6 or 8AM, now I'm getting there at 12 or 1PM, at least the manager hasn't done anything more than glance at his watch, tap it, hold it to his ear and ask, "What time is it?!" He's actually been very good-natured, which isn't what I remember him being like from the last time I had his store for a while.

I'm thinking it's time for a career change.

But what?

I'm thinking I might like to become a nutritionist. That would take some serious considration, though.

I like my job at Frito. I do. I just don't like all the baloney that comes along with it. Everyone I talk to who used to work for Frito is always glad that they aren't there any more (except for guys who went from a Frito route to a Baird's bread route). I'd like to meet someone who really likes their job. And ask what is it that makes them like it so much. I'll go work in their field.

Ok, I guess. Oh, I heard from my realtor, she is not giving up on getting this house financed for me. She said if the lender we're working with can't help us we'll find someone who will. So I'm holding my breath!

Ok, I gotta go. The toothpicks aren't working anymore. I've been up since 1AM and it's 6:45PM now. And I worked almost 14 hours. Yuck.

All for now!
God bless you!

Liz

2 Comments:

Blogger Phantom Seraphim said...

I've been telling you you need a career change for a little while.

How about this: on one of your days off, we can go through a list of options. :) Not that I'm an expert in the field of job-hunting... ;)

3:43 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Sounds good to me. But how to get in touch with you is the question...

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home