She'll be riding six white horses when she comes!

My daughter is sitting on the floor playing with a musical toy. She's rocking back and forth singing, "When she comes, when she comes, when she coooooomes!" I can't think of anything else, so that'll work...

Name:
Location: Mesquite, Texas, United States

As an employee for Frito Lay, I deliver chips to grocery stores, merchandise the product, and control the inventory. I put in way too many hours a day because I pay too much attention to the nit-picky little details. And I'm slow. But I get to drive a 24 foot long straight truck, which requires not a CDL but a certification to drive it. It's fun. I wish all I had to do was drive!

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Thanksgiving Day

Well, happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I hope it was a good day, mine was. I packed up the kids and zipped over to my sister's house to spend the afternoon. Her other family was already there, and when I arrived the only people still missing were Mom and Dad. They arrived shortly and the festivities began. There was duck, turkey, ham, green bean casserole, creamed spinach, candied sweet potatoes, garlic mashed potatoes, potatoes au gratin, rolls, chips and dips, wine, and soda pop for those under age. I opted for water myself, and my kids the same. I did taste the sweet wine my Dad had brought, which was sweet upon first taste, but immediately followed the sourness of the fermented fruit juice and another minute brought on the warmth of the alcohol. I politely declined. As for the food, I had a little of everything the first time and the second time I polished off a couple of the dishes. I ate too much, I was full through Friday.

Friday I had to do laundry. I got everything in the car, it was 3:30 when I remembered I first had to get the car checked. The radiator was dry. I needed to get it checked for a leak. So off we went to the dealership (I have an extended warranty, thank goodness!). They said I needed a new radiator, and that I shouldn't drive it until they get it fixed. Well, how long would it take? The new part wouldn't arrive until Tuesday. Am I covered for a rental car? Two days. Today is Friday, it's almost 5PM, so I could have the rental until Sunday evening. Then I would need a car Monday and Tuesday to get to work. Well, I knew I had things to do on my days off. So I opted to rent the car now and get a ride to work on Monday and Tuesday. My philosophy, worry about now, cross tomorrow's bridge when you come to it. Maybe that's a good way to describe procrastination? I dunno. But that's what I did.

So we ended up doing laundry on Saturday. I don't like doing laundry any day. It would be fine if I had the facilities in-house, but they're not. This apartment doesn't even offer washer/dryer hook-ups. So laundry waits until my days off and then a two or three hour visit to the laundromat ensues. But at least it's done.

Well, gotta run.

God bless!

Liz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home