She'll be riding six white horses when she comes!

My daughter is sitting on the floor playing with a musical toy. She's rocking back and forth singing, "When she comes, when she comes, when she coooooomes!" I can't think of anything else, so that'll work...

Name:
Location: Mesquite, Texas, United States

As an employee for Frito Lay, I deliver chips to grocery stores, merchandise the product, and control the inventory. I put in way too many hours a day because I pay too much attention to the nit-picky little details. And I'm slow. But I get to drive a 24 foot long straight truck, which requires not a CDL but a certification to drive it. It's fun. I wish all I had to do was drive!

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

No time like the present...

Hello!
Monday was Anya's birthday. I got to Mom's after work around 3PM, and we went out to eat. I had a gift card for Chili's. Yum. They have GREAT burgers. The kids enjoyed their meal, too. AJ had macaroni and cheese and cinnamon apples. Anya had a huge ear of corn and a burger. (She had to take the burger home.) Mom and I shared the bacon burger and fries. Then the waitress brought a chocolate icecream shake for Anya, which we all shared. Apparently there is no singing happy birthday, but oh well. We sang for Anya at the table by ourselves.

Anya got a toy train - "Lady" - from the Thomas the Tank Engine series. Mom gave AJ his train, too, since she knew he'd be jealous. The day before (Sunday), Mom and Dad took the kids to Mass and then to Bob and Ruth's house. Ruth gave AJ something like an erector set which he loves. It's got flat pieces with holes, and screws and nuts and bolts to build things. So on Monday while AJ was building things I gave Anya a baby doll. She likes it. She can take it in the bathtub (their latest thing to do - have their toys in the tub), and it's machine washable (head, arms, and legs too). We haven't tried it yet - either playing with baby in the tub or washing her in the machine. But anyway...

I'm off today, tomorrow, and Friday. So I am going to try to get things done around here - cleaning, sewing, mending, cooking. I made some fudge with white chocolate - but it's too sticky. I guess I'll call it taffy... I made Anya's birthday cake (pink - strawberry!) and called Mom and Dad to come and have some. Dad and I enjoyed some coffee along with our cake. Then I started working on some pretzels. The dough was pretty firm - too much flour. But it made good pretzels. I got the bathroom cleaned up somewhat last night. Need to do the floors. I need to clean up the kitchen and vacuum and straighten this desk and finish my sewing projects. So I have plenty to do.

Well, nothing new going on. Hope I haven't bored you to tears here.

All for now!
Liz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home