She'll be riding six white horses when she comes!

My daughter is sitting on the floor playing with a musical toy. She's rocking back and forth singing, "When she comes, when she comes, when she coooooomes!" I can't think of anything else, so that'll work...

Name:
Location: Mesquite, Texas, United States

As an employee for Frito Lay, I deliver chips to grocery stores, merchandise the product, and control the inventory. I put in way too many hours a day because I pay too much attention to the nit-picky little details. And I'm slow. But I get to drive a 24 foot long straight truck, which requires not a CDL but a certification to drive it. It's fun. I wish all I had to do was drive!

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Work

Bouncing in the truck
going sixty-five,
seventy is luck.

Can't maintain, too much strain,
slowing down, engine sounds
like lions in a tunnel.

Working for a living
gone from dawn to dusk
energy is fizzing.

Need some sleep, need some eats,
need a shower, see the hour!
Good night! We're going to bed!

2 Comments:

Blogger Phantom Seraphim said...

I'm assuming you wrote this. If you didn't, it's oddly appropriate...

3:44 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Yeah, silly little me wrote it.

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home